Here's what I believe and will campaign for:
1. Efficient modern public transport
- Light rail is the future - first step from the railway station to the airport via the hospital
- Trolley buses are clean, smooth-riding and have no emissions. Let's retain them meantime.
- Cycling is increasingly popular. We need to make it safe, with separated lanes where possible.
- Wellington is a walking city. Let's follow the example of successful European cities and create more pedestrianised and calmed streets.
2. A low-carbon economy
- Climate impact research should guide all Regional Council decisions.
- Reviewing land-use policies for their effect on climate, pollution and sustainability.
- Investigating regional opportunities for afforestation.
3. A healthy environment
- Clean up our rivers, harbours and beaches. Make them suitable for swimming, fishing and food-gathering
- Cut out diesel and its harmful emissions
- Creation of new regional parks, including on the Miramar Peninsula.